Reed Exhibitions website, event, app and other service (each, a “Service”) that refers or links to this privacy
to you. The Reed Exhibitions company that owns or administers the Service, as identified therein, is the
primary controller of your personal information provided to, or collected by or for, the Service.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in three ways: (1) from your input through our web forms, badge scanners,
app forms and other mechanisms, (2) from third-party sources, and (3) through automated technologies.
Data You Provide To Us
The types of personal information that we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and
the Service and may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, social media handle and phone
- Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints and similar security
- Other account or event registration and profile information, such as educational, employment and
professional background, dietary and accessibility requirements, and photo;
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback and other information you provide to us, including information that you send to
customer support and messages, appointment inquiries and other information that you wish us to share
with our exhibitors, visitors, partners and others; and/or
- Interests and communication preferences, including My Show/My Event matchmaking and event
planning and networking choices and preferred language.
Data From Other Sources
We also may obtain personal information about you from our group companies and from other third parties,
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize
certain products to your location;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and/or
- Publicly-available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the
information we hold.
Data From Service Use
Our Service may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Service,
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating
system, platform and other software installed on your device, unique device identifier and other technical
identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data,
including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, and pages you visited on the Service; and/or
- For location-aware Services, your location, such as where you are located on the event floor.
How We Use Your Information
Depending on how you interact with us and the Service, we use your personal information to:
- Provide, activate and manage your access to and use of the Service;
- Process and fulfill a request, order, download or other transaction;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Service working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Service and our other products and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Offer you customized content and other personalization to make the Service more relevant to your interests and geography;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Service and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Service and your interests;
- Provide you with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties, such as exhibitors, sponsors and media partners;
- Invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, including determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance; and/or
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Sharing of Your Information
Our Service Providers
Depending on the Service provided, we share personal information with:
- Our affiliates, trading names and divisions within the Reed Exhibitions group of companies worldwide (for a list, click here) and certain RELX Group companies that provide technology, customer service and other shared services functions; and/or
- Our service providers, suppliers, agents and representatives, including but not limited to, payment processors, venue providers, onsite event contractors, customer support, email service providers, IT service providers, mailing houses and shipping agents,
We share your personal information with our affiliates and with exhibitors, sponsors, media partners, joint venture partners and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee or event manager, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings.
The Service may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any such contributions you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexed by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
We will disclose your personal information if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; and/or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Reed Exhibitions, our users, employees or others;
and as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
Your Communications Preferences
You can customize and manage your communications preferences and other settings when you register with the Service, by updating your account features and preferences, by using the ‘opt-out’ or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
The Service may allow registered users to directly access and review their account information and make corrections or updates at any time. Keeping such information up to date is solely the responsibility of the user. Registered users may also close their account directly through the Service or by contacting the Service’s customer support.
You may have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to request free of charge:
- access to and correction or deletion of your personal information;
- restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and
- portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact address provided below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the Service and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 or target the Service to children under 13.
We take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate technical and organizational measures.
Locations of Processing
Your personal information may be stored and processed in your region or another country where Reed Exhibitions affiliates and their service providers maintain servers and facilities, including Australia, Austria, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, the Philippines, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. We take steps, including through contracts, intended to ensure that the information continues to be protected wherever it is located in a manner consistent with the standards of protection required under applicable law.
Where personal information is transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to a country that has not received an adequacy decision by the European Commission, we rely on appropriate safeguards, such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses and EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks, to transfer the data.
Grounds for Processing
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- where necessary to provide the Service, fulfill a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you or at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- as necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, enable our customers to comply with legal obligations, or fulfill our other legitimate interests as described in the “Information We Collect”, ”How We Use Your Information” and “Sharing of Your Information” clauses above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
The data protection representative for our businesses that are processing personal data within the scope of European data protection laws and located outside of the EEA and Switzerland is Reed Expositions France. You can contact the data protection officer of Reed Exhibitions Limited through the contact details provided above.
2. Cookie Notice
The below need to be provided where we drop cookies:
Last updated: __, 2019
This cookie notice provides you with information about how Reed Exhibitions uses “cookies”, or, similar technologies, on our websites and applications and other services (each, a “Service”) to enable us to understand how you interact with our products, to show personalised advertisements on our website and other websites, to improve your experience, and to allow you to use certain features, such as sharing content via social networks or other communications channels.
This notice also provides information about how third parties may use such technologies in association with the operation of our Services.
1.About this Cookie Notice
This cookie notice applies when you use any of our Services that refer or link to this notice. This notice may be supplemented by additional cookie notices, or terms provided on certain areas of the Service or during our interactions with you.
With the exception to the cookies that are set by third parties, Reed Exhibitions that owns or administers the Service, as identified therein, is the primary controller of your personal information provide to, or collected by or for, the Service.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites and applications work, or work more efficiently, and help them remember certain information about you, either for the duration of your visit (using a “session” cookie) or for repeat visits (using a “persistent” cookie).
The categories of cookies used on this website are as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies:These cookies do not store any directly identifiable information. However, they are essential in order to enable you to move around the website. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for service, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. For example, authentication and security cookies are used to identify and recognise registered users and to enable them to gain access to requested content or features.
- Functionality cookies:These cookies allow our websites to remember the choices you make and your account preferences and to provide enhanced, more personal features. These are set by us or by our third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. For example, these cookies will remember your log-in details. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These are analytics and research cookies that allow us to count visits and measure traffic, so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They also help us to know which pages are the most and least popular, and see how visitors move around the site. This helps us to improve the way the website works and improve user experience. All information collected through these cookies will be processed in an aggregated and anonymous form. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies. Blocking these cookies will not affect the service provided you.
- 1st and 3rd Party Targeting Cookies: These cookies are set by us and our advertising partners to record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We, and our advertising partners, will use this information to make the website, and, the advertising displayed to you more relevant to your interests. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies. Blocking these cookies will not affect the service provided you, but will limit the targeted advertising that you will see, or limit our ability to tailor the website experience to your needs.
- Social Media Cookies and Other Third Party Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to our websites that enable you to share our content with your colleagues, friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages that you see on other websites that you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use of see the social media sharing tools.
- Flash Cookies: These cookies are set to display video content using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies to help improve your experience as a user. Flash cookies are stored on your device in much the same way as usual cookies, but they’re managed differently by your browser.
- Tracking Technologies Including Pixels, Script, Web Beacons/Gifs, Page Tags: These files, or, code may be included, either directly or from our partners, on our website, in our emails, or, mobile apps to record how you interact with us, to help us better analyse and improve our services to you. They also help us understand whether you have visited a partner website, aiding us to provide more relevant advertising to you, as-well-as measuring the success of our advertising campaigns.
- Tracking Via Mobile Apps: When you use our mobile applications, we may record information unique to you that are associated with your device (such as the device ID and IP address), your activity within the App, and, your network location. This information is used to measure and improve the performance of our App, to help us to know elements are the most and least popular, and, see how visitors move around the App itself. This helps us to improve the way the App works and improve user experience.
3. Third Party Cookies
You can prevent your browser from accepting certain cookies, have the browser require your consent before a new cookie is placed in your browser, or block cookies altogether by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser privacy preferences menu.
The links below will help you find the settings for some common browsers (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites):
- Manage cookie settings in Chromeand Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Safariand Safari iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Opera
For all other browsers, or, for alternative advice, help may be sought by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, or, via your device user manual, or, online help files. For information on how to opt-out of cookies set by our suppliers, please visit the applicable links in the schedule as mentioned under 3.
If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flash Player Global Storage Settings (opens in a new window). Please note, disabling Flash cookies for Reed Exhibitions may affect the services that we can provide, such as videos.
5. Third Party Web Advertising Services
The following sites may be used to register your 3rd party opt-out preferences: